What to prepare:
- 9g of Danesi Espresso Italiano (Classic) (Fine Grind size)
- 45 ml Water 27g of Simple syrup (1:1 ratio)
- 9 drops of Saline Solution (1:100 ratio)
- 15g of Apple-Cotton fruit Shrub (SHRUB: maceration of fruits in a mixture of vinegar and sugar.)
- 2 whole apple chopped (core removed)
- 1 whole cotton fruit chopped (seed removed)
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups white sugar
Equipment Used: Aeropress
- Preheat Aeropress and 2 Aeropress paper filter.
- Add coffee & 30ml of hot water.
- Stir for 30 rotations.
- Add the remaining hot water.
- Press at 1 min. and 15 sec.
- Put all the ingredients in a 3 part shaker & add 90g ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 sec.
- Using the built-in strainer of the 3 part shaker and fine mesh strainer, pour it over a chilled snifter* with new ice.
*snifter: type of glass typically used for brandy and other liquor
TIP: Swirl the snifter 3 times to release the aroma.
Procedure for SHRUB: Steep for 2 days in a temperature controlled environment. After the steeping for 2 days, filter out the chunks of fruit and discard it. The liquid left behind should have a syrup type consistency.
Brewer: Aeropress (Inverted Method)
Leave a comment